The student must complete the Mandatory PALS Precourse Self-Assessment and achieve a score of at least 70% before taking the PALS Course. Students are able to retake the Self-Assessment as many times as needed to achieve a passing score. The student must print, or take picture on their phone, of their successful completion certificate and bring it with them to class.
The Optional PALS Precourse Work involves a student reviewing course content through online videos before entering the classroom. This precourse work allows the student to be better prepared for the course.
The precourse self assessment is approximately 30-60 minutes long. Follow the steps below to complete the mandatory precourse self assessment and/or the optional precourse work.
1. Go to https://elearning.heart.org/course/426
2. Click on Launch This Course (create an account if necessary)
3. Students are able to retake the Self-Assessment as many times as needed to achieve a passing score.
4. Click “Start” to complete the PALS Precourse Self Assessment
5. After successfully completing the course
-Complete the survey
-Print or take a picture on your phone of your certificate.
– If taking a picture, include the entire certificate in your photo.
6. Students are able to complete the optional PALS Precourse Work to better prepare themselves for the course.